Girls Varsity Soccer
SMHS Girls Varsity Soccer still looking for talent. Seeking athletic and aggressive athletes who love to compete. Email Coach Baxter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WELCOME TO 2021 SPRING MILLS GIRLS SOCCER
Assistant Coaches: Dana Bishop and Ashley Warfield
All new athletes are encouraged to contact the head coach by email to express interest and receive up to date information.
Mandatory - Monday August 2nd will be the start of our HS season. The first 2-3 days are tryout/evaluation days. Our first scrimmage is on 8/14 and our first game is on 8/24. Our Student Athletes are expected to be in full attendance for the entire season with the obvious exceptions for illness, family circumstances, etc…
***Labor Day Weekend will be a 3 Day weekend off for Girls Soccer. We will run a practice on Fri 9/3 immediately after school, then enjoy a few days off. We resume soccer activities with our game on Tuesday 9/7.
1)Register your athlete in Family ID
2)Complete Sports Physical (Most Urgent Care facilities in the area complete the required sports physicals for a reasonable fee)
3)Upload physical forms to Family ID (I can assist if needed)
*Family ID registration and sports physicals must be completed to participate in HS Athletics.
Registration: Once the site is up for registrations for the upcoming fall sports season, I will send out reminders. For those with an existing account, you can select your daughter and it will populate some existing information. Then, scroll down and digitally sign all forms. For all incoming athletes new to Spring Mills Athletics, you will create an account and then register for the upcoming fall sports season.
*Except for the parental consent and physical forms, all other forms of documentation are signed digitally on the Family ID site.
*DO NOT PAY ANY FEES AT THIS TIME!!!
Family ID site: https://hello.familyid.com/home
Link to Physical form: Forms « WVSSAC
*I will also attach the physical form to email correspondence. Print the first two pages.
- Fill out the top portion of Section I
- Fill out Section II. Must include Date, Student Signature and Parent Signature.
- Fill out Section III.
- You must use this form. Once completed, this can be scanned into your computer and uploaded to your player account. If anyone has an issue with this process, make a photo copy and give to me to upload. It is always best to have a physical copy for your records.
Head Coach: Steve Baxter – I’m happy to share my overall experience. Just ask…In short:
- 3rd season as Spring Mills Girls Varsity Soccer Head Coach
- 14th year coaching high school sports (Mostly Howard County MD).
- 13th year Girls Varsity Soccer Head Coach, 1 year JV Boys Head coach (2008)
- 4 seasons as HS Softball Assistant Coach (2 years JV and 2 years Varsity)
- 15+ years as Head Coach for Club Travel Soccer